13. Registration

There will be no IRS style registration for UK/CD reporting, and the UK will not be issuing GIINs or similar identifiers to Reporting Financial Institutions.

However all Reporting Financial Institutions will have an obligation to make a return to HMRC, and to do this they will have to ‘register’ for FATCA reporting on the Government Gateway in the same way that they will have to do for US reporting.

If the Reporting Financial Institution maintains no Reportable Accounts then an annual Nil return must be made.