Entities that are Exempt Beneficial Owners do not have any reporting or registration requirements in relation to any Financial Accounts that they maintain. Additionally reporting UK Financial Institutions are not required to review or report on accounts held by Exempt Beneficial Owners.
- Exempt Beneficial Owners are entities that fall within the following categories.
Foreign Government and any political sub divisions of a Foreign Government or any wholly owned agency or instrumentality of such. See Section 2.8 for how this applies to the UK.
- Foreign Central Bank of Issue. See Section 2.9 for how this applies to the UK.
- International Organisations or any wholly owned agency or Instrumentality of such. See Section 2.10 for how this applies to the UK.
- Governments of US Territories
- Certain Retirement Funds. See Section 2.11 for how this applies to the UK.
- Entities Wholly Owned by Exempt Beneficial Owners
UK Exempt Beneficial Owners will not need to register for a GIIN.